13 Memories from 2013
- Ben assisted the opening of the Jacksonville REI.
- Stephen and Jennifer Dehner brought Grace Kathryn into the world, making us Aunt Charity and Uncle Ben.
- We taught Sonny and Susan Reed how to play Little Big Planet on the PS3.
- Winston (our miniature schnauzer) turned 4-years-old in November.
- Ben built our first raised-bed garden (tomatoes, peppers, beans, and herbs).
- We invested in kayaks with Walker and Kacie Reed and enjoyed Broadway Lake and Lake Jocassee. We even convinced Sonny, Susan, and Alison Reed to paddle with us on vacation in Brevard.
- Charity graduated from Ashland University with her Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing.
- We toured Ohio Amish Country with our parents, Gary and Jane Yost and Sonny and Susan Reed.
- Sonny helped us during all of September to renovate our bathroom, while our lovely writer-in-residence, Laurie Murray, moved in for the Fall semester.
- We helped to host the 41st Williams Family Reunion at our house in October.
- Ben received his second nomination for REI’s annual award, The Anderson Award for holding REI values and spirit.
- We hosted our first Thanksgiving with the Yost and Weaver families.
- Charity signed a contract with Anderson University to teach English in the spring.
Charity posts regularly to this website. Click the “Follow” button in the top right of this window to receive her posts via email.
All photos are from Charity’s Instagram.